Joining the club

What doesn't fit in the other catagories, goes here.

Moderator: poprocks

Racosta

Joining the club

Postby Racosta » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:00 am

Do you have to be invited by a member in order to attend a meeting.

poprocks

Re: Joining the club

Postby poprocks » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:45 pm

Guests are always invited to meetings. Get to meet some of the folks. Sorry, I didn't notice this before last night's meeting. Feel free to join us on a trail run, too, You must be registered with the Park Service, though, to participate on Adopt-a-trail runs; all club members are registered.
Over 60 and just learning to crawl

Locosway

Postby Locosway » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:10 pm

Hello, I too am interesting in joining. I read the requirements and it says to attend two runs and two meetings within the first year. I see you meet on Tuesdays at 7pm, and I work every Tuesday from 9am to 9pm, and would always be unable to attend meetings. Is there another option?

Also, I see we're to attend two runs to join as well. Outside of the Bishop trip, which one would be good for a new member (non-jeep) to attend?

RayK

Postby RayK » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:06 pm

We have not had a situation like this in the past. I will put this topic on the next club agenda. After discussion at the next meeting we will have some options or an alternative.

Without knowing what you drive its hard to recommend runs. If your looking for easier runs the 4x4 clinic in August or the Black Canyon run in November might be good choices.

Thanks for your interest in the club.

Locosway

Postby Locosway » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:42 pm

Thanks for getting back to me. I looked at the forum settings to try and add my location and vehicle, but I didn't see anything like that. I have a 2010 F250 Diesel FX4 with stock 275/75/16 tires. I think my main disadvantage will obviously be my length with having a long bed crew cab.

RayK

Postby RayK » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:50 am

The Bishop Saturday run will include water crossings, tight brush and tight steep switchbacks. You might need to back up to make some switchbacks. You would be fine on Black Canyon.

Kevin

Postby Kevin » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:11 pm

Hello my name is Kevin and live in placentia im 42 years old and have a stock 96 cherokee and new to the 4x4 world. I would like to join but im a OTR truck driver and only home 4 days a month (1 weekend). My girlfriend would be joining to and could attend meeting. She grew up 4x4ing mostly. International Scouts. I do have a question. I bought a RC 3in lift and would like advice on a good local shop to have it installed.

RayK

Postby RayK » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:37 pm

Kevin

Sorry this reply is so late, I just saw your post today.

Send the GF to the meetings, we will work with you best we can.

Pauls4x4

Postby Pauls4x4 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:25 pm

Do you guys allow absentia memberships/ sponserships? I run a 4x4blog and work in the industry but am a grad student with no time.

I have a ranger with a lift so cleghorn, etc are my limits in private vehicles but I'd still like to support. Or i can show up marked but then its gotta be business... Blah!

So if I could contribute from afar... I tend to run weeknight trails and am a bit anti social.

Return to “Questions and Discussions”